Did you know that, out of all the states in the nation, South Carolina has one of the highest percentages of babies born by cesarean delivery? Help bring new life into the world: become a surgical technologist and enjoy the Southern charm of the land of “Smiling Faces and Beautiful Places!” Use the list below to help find a school to start you on the path to your new career. With campuses all across the state from Columbia to Charleston, you’re sure to find a school near you. Choose from traditional classroom courses and flexible online programs to find the learning experience that works best for you.
As a South Carolina surgical technologist, you will:
- Prepare the operating room and surgical equipment
- Ready the patient by washing, shaving, and disinfecting incision sites
- Supply the surgeons with the instruments and other sterile supplies necessary
- Transfer patients to and from the operating room
Some career figures for surgical technologist professionals in South Carolina:
- Average annual salary: $35,560
- Currently employed: 1,770
- Employment outlook: 25%
- Most popular degrees: Associate’s, Certificate
Figures courtesy of the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Employment & Wages database.
South Carolina Surgical Technologist Schools Enrolling Now