Did you know that Forbes ranks Idaho as one of the top-ten healthiest states in the union? Become an integral part of the state’s prestigious ranking: become a surgical technologist amongst the vast natural beauty of the Gem State! Use the list below to help find a school to start you on the path to your new career. With campuses all across the state from Boise to Idaho Falls, you’re sure to find a school near you. Choose from traditional classroom courses and flexible online programs to find the learning experience that works best for you.
As an Idaho surgical technologist, you will:
- Prepare the operating room and surgical equipment
- Ready the patient by washing, shaving, and disinfecting incision sites
- Supply the surgeons with the instruments and other sterile supplies necessary
- Transfer patients to and from the operating room
Some career figures for surgical technologist professionals in Idaho:
- Average annual salary: $41,070
- Currently employed: 450
- Employment outlook: 25%
- Most popular degrees: Associate’s, Certificate
Figures courtesy of the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Employment & Wages database.
Idaho Surgical Technologist Schools Enrolling Now