Did you know that Ohio has more than 11 million residents? Because of this, medical careers are in extremely high demand, with surgical technology at the top of the list. Become an Ohio surgical technologist and explore the state that’s in “The Heart of it All!” Use the list below to help find a school to start you on the path to your new career. With campuses all across the state from Columbus to Cleveland to Dayton, you’re sure to find a school near you. Choose from traditional classroom courses and flexible online programs to find the learning experience that works best for you.
As an Ohio surgical technologist, you will:
- Prepare the operating room and surgical equipment
- Ready the patient by washing, shaving, and disinfecting incision sites
- Supply the surgeons with the instruments and other sterile supplies necessary
- Transfer patients to and from the operating room
Some career figures for surgical technologist professionals in Ohio:
- Average annual salary: $39,010
- Currently employed: 3,470
- Employment outlook: 25%
- Most popular degrees: Associate’s, Certificate
Figures courtesy of the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Employment & Wages database.
Ohio Surgical Technologist Schools Enrolling Now