Did you know that, out of all the states in the nation, Alaska offers the highest average annual salary for surgical technologists? Start your career in surgical technology amidst the world’s most beautiful frontier. Use the list below to help find a school to start you on the path to your new career. With campuses all across the state from Juneau to Anchorage to Wasilla, you’re sure to find a school near you. Choose from traditional classroom courses and flexible online programs to find the learning experience that works best for you.
As an Alaskan surgical technologist, you will:
- Prepare the operating room and surgical equipment
- Ready the patient by washing, shaving, and disinfecting incision sites
- Supply the surgeons with the instruments and other sterile supplies necessary
- Transfer patients to and from the operating room
Some career figures for surgical technologist professionals in Alaska:
- Average annual salary: $49,510
- Currently employed: 140
- Employment outlook: 25%
- Most popular degrees: Associate’s, Certificate
Figures courtesy of the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Employment & Wages database.
Alaska Surgical Technologist Schools Enrolling Now