Did you know that Forbes ranks Utah as the state with the highest quality of living? Enjoy your life and become an integral part of the state’s prestigious ranking: become a surgical technologist and contribute to Utah’s amazing health care system! Use the list below to help find a school to start you on the path to your new career. With campuses all across the state from Salt Lake City to Provo to West Valley City, you’re sure to find a school near you. Choose from traditional classroom courses and flexible online programs to find the learning experience that works best for you.
As a Utah surgical technologist, you will:
- Prepare the operating room and surgical equipment
- Ready the patient by washing, shaving, and disinfecting incision sites
- Supply the surgeons with the instruments and other sterile supplies necessary
- Transfer patients to and from the operating room
Some career figures for surgical technologist professionals in Utah:
- Average annual salary: $37,870
- Currently employed: 700
- Employment outlook: 25%
- Most popular degrees: Associate’s, Certificate
Figures courtesy of the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Employment & Wages database.
Utah Surgical Technologist Schools Enrolling Now