What do Mark Twain, President Truman, and Yogi Berra have in common? They are all powerful, accomplished people from the great state of Missouri! You can be, too: become a Missouri surgical technologist today! Use the list below to help find a school to start you on the path to your new career. With campuses all across the state from Springfield to St. Louis to Kansas City, you’re sure to find a school near you. Choose from traditional classroom courses and flexible online programs to find the learning experience that works best for you.
As a Missouri surgical technologist, you will:
- Prepare the operating room and surgical equipment
- Ready the patient by washing, shaving, and disinfecting incision sites
- Supply the surgeons with the instruments and other sterile supplies necessary
- Transfer patients to and from the operating room
Some career figures for surgical technologist professionals in Missouri:
- Average annual salary: $37,460
- Currently employed: 1,660
- Employment outlook: 25%
- Most popular degrees: Associate’s, Certificate
Figures courtesy of the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Employment & Wages database.
Missouri Surgical Technologist Schools Enrolling Now